Tuesday 7 May 2013

Awesome Mother: Paperie May kit

It's time to share the pages I made with the Paperie's May kit. The kit is full of lovely pastels - including mint (my fave) - just in time for Spring and Mother's Day pictures. This month, I made 5 mixed media layouts and I have lots of supplies left over for more projects. More on that later in the week.

You can see all my pages on the The Paperie's blog and this week I'm sharing the how-to's and close-ups.

First up, this little made-by me embellishment.

Awesome Mother_closeup 1


I know it's simple - a Studio Calico wood veneer potty lady with a Cosmo Cricket fabric brad from the Sweet Disposition/Summer Love collection in this month's kit. - but how cute is that glasses fabric brad?

And my little lady was just the right embellishment for this page...

Awesome Mother

Honestly, I don't think I'm the best mom in the world but I do love a little snark and I couldn't resist changing a diecut that said "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." Angel mother? I don't think so. And nobody would believe it anyway.

Here's a closeup of the ink splattery background.

Awesome Mother_closeup 2
I used 3 layers to make this background. First, I punched some hearts and used them as a mask before spraying with Studio Calico Clay. Then I used a pipette and filled it with Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mint Green and drew lines of color across the page. I did the same thing with Studio Calico Mister Huey Gold. And finally, I added some outlines to the hearts and doodling with a black pen. A few little details to add interest to a pretty simple page.

So, that's my first of 5 layouts but I still have lots of ideas and inspiration to share. So, I'll see tomorrow with the next page made with The Paperie's May kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie








No comments:

Post a Comment