Wednesday 8 October 2014

Put It All on the Page

My next class at The Paperie, Put it All on the Page, is all about how to create pages that make a big impact using a whole lot of embellishments.

Oct 08_01

Geotag wood veneers are fun all by themselves but I knew that I could make a fun page if I used them all (or almost all of them) on one page.

Oct 08_02

I started my page using Finnabair's new Art Basics 3D Matte Gel from Prima and the Affirmations stencil by Dina Wakley.  The Prima 3D Gel is amazing. It is so thick and creates the best dimension. I love the way it looks with one of my favorite stencils.

Oct 08_05

On the other side of the page, I added strips of drywall tape. Then I coated the whole page in gesso and stamped in it.

When all that was dry, I started adding geotags. There is no science to my process, I just kept adding wood veneers until I was happy with how it looked. I used the Prima 3D Matte Gel to hold them in place.

Then, I spritzed the page with some Prima Color Bloom spray in Sunshine. It is just the loveliest, sunniest yellow.  Then I tipped my page to the right to get the drips dripping.

Oct 08_03

Then I embellished with some vellum feathers from Kelly Purkey's Second City line with Basic Grey,


Oct 08_04
 
I also added my title using burlap Thickers, a doily, some buttons, a piece of vellum and a geotag (of course).

We are not going to make this page in class but with all the tips and tricks I'm going to share, you'll be making pages like this in no time. It's really fun and my favorite kind of page to make these days. If you're local and interested, please call The Paperie for more information.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment