Friday 5 June 2015

Art Journal It Out

Thursday, was one of those days. So, when I got home I stopped at my desk instead of walking past it and quickly finished this page I had been working on.

June 5_1

It started quite a while ago with that corrugated background. It's actually a roll of plain corrugated tape that I adhered to the background. Then I added some gesso and modeling paste through a Donna Downey stencil and then more gesso.

June 5_7

I let it sit like that until Wednesday when I decided to add some spray - Prima Color Blooms, to be exact. I stepped out of my usual color palette aka blue and played with the pinks - Boysenberry, Plumeria, Ginger Coral and Cobalt. You know there had to be some blue in there, right?

June 5_2

I oversprayed like crazy and then had absolutely no choice but to set it aside to dry.

JUNE 5_3

While the background was drying, I started working on another background. Actually, I "ruined" it.  So, I drew the tree-ish shapes on the background using india ink. Then I started doodling with the ink and "ruined" the trees. So, I cut them out and liked them much better.

JUNE 5_4

Here's a closeup of the smaller tree.

June 5_6

On Thursday, I added the cheesecloth and the quote.

June 5_5

I really wanted to finish the page. I wanted to make something. Something that made me happy.

June 5_8


And here's what it looks like in my art journal.

June 5_10

It took about 20 mins to finish the page and it was time well spent. It felt great to finish this page and it has gotten my mojo moving. It also makes me realize that I don't need hours and hours to make a page. I just need to make time, even just a little, to art journal.

So, my goal this week is to art journal for 10 mins a day. I can make myself fit in 10 mins. During the week, I'll post my progress on Instagram and Twitter and I'll report back next week and let you know how it went.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment