Wednesday 8 July 2015

Inspired by Stephanie Bryan.

Last week, I shared my overwhelming enthusiasm for Stephanie Bryan's Mini Book a Month Challenge and decided to give it a try for July. Each week throughout July, I'll share my pages and my thoughts on the process.

First, I love this and I am having so. much. fun. I printed my pics last weekend and have been putting the pages together during the week. (Side note: I'm working part-time contract right now so my creative time is limited. Batch printing at home is key to this working for me.)


I love how bits and pieces are peeping through the pages. It makes me want to turn the page.




In one of her videos, Stephanie mentioned that she alternates picture pages with decorative pages or journaling pages. This has been a great tip for keeping lots of white space in the small 4x4 We R Memory Keepers album that I am using for this project. 


I love that I am getting to use my embellishments but I need to add in some mixed media elements. This page is a blank canvas. My plan is to add some ink splats - at the very least. For pages like this, I'm using watercolor paper. That way, if I "ruin" it I can easily replace it and start again.


I like the idea of having the Thickers on the inside cover just not those Thickers. They don't go with any of the paper I have picked out so far.


There isn't any journaling in place yet but I have plans - like journaling on the white diagonal  lines.


I'm also breaking into my stash of vellum - finally and thank goodness! I love how vellum lets bits and pieces peek through but it also adds visual interest and a different texture.


I adhered another same-size photo to the back of the vellum to hide the adhesive.


And here's where I have stopped. This page is half done. I like the photo on the green paper but  that dot paper has to go somewhere else.


My thoughts after one week of this challenge can be summed up in one word - AWESOME! It feels so doable and I feel like I have accomplished something. The 4x4" size is perfect for getting things finished quickly. 

Although this album is roughly chronological, it is really following the stories of our daily life. Some days have multiple pages - like Canada Day - and other days don't have any pages at all. I like that I haven't had to choose which pages are pocket-worthy. If have pictures, I just add in pages.

So far, this is working for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank for stopping by!

Cathie









No comments:

Post a Comment